Blind Person’s Allowance

Blind person with cane





Are you aware that you can claim Blind Person’s Allowance if you are registered severely sight impaired (blind) or, if you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland, are unable to perform any work for which eyesight is essential. This is added to your tax-free Personal Allowance and increases the amount of income you can earn each year before you start paying tax.

If you are on a low income, or you don’t pay any tax, you can transfer the Blind Person’s Allowance, or part of it, to your spouse or civil partner – even if they are sighted. If both you and your spouse or civil partner qualify for Blind Person’s Allowance, you can each claim an allowance.
The allowance is £2,290. It’s been the same since 6 April 2015.

To claim Contact HM Revenue and Customs ( HMRC ) HMRc Telephone: 0300 200 3301 Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm Saturday, 8am to 4pm Sunday, 9am to 5pm

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *